Saturday, October 10, 2009

Let's talk channeling




Let’s talk about channeling. The ability to let a mysterious entity or spirit use your body as a means of communication to our reality. What this means is an individual goes into a trace state, which thus allows the spirit to temporally take over the person’s body.
As crazy a theory as channeling sounds, I tend to believe in it, even being a mild
skeptic. After all, stories about this type of phenomenon can be traced back to the earliest times in human history, so there has to be something to it.
Many of the stories in the Bible were told to people by God. For example, when John
wrote the book of Revelations, he was secluded on the island of Patmos, living in a cave. The story goes that God wrote down the Revelations through John.
Could John have been channeling God? It seems to make sense to me.
So what if someone could channel the devil? Over the last few weeks, George Noory, the host of the radio show “Coast to Coast AM,” had been planning an interview with
the Devil through a channeler. It sounds ridiculous but this man claimed to be able to channel Satan, thus giving him a body to communicate to our world with.
There had been numerous calls into the show from people begging Noory not to interview him because of what might happen, but Noory stood firm saying the interview
would go on.
However, at a recent public appearance, so many people came up to Noory asking him not to interview Satan that he finally decided not to. I think this proves there are a great number of people out there who take channeling very seriously and truly believe in this ability.
Of course I’d been looking forward to this interview for days. I consider myself to
be pretty open-minded but I had my doubts about the authenticity of the channeler,
however, I still thought it would be a fun listen.
One of the most famous channelers was Jane Roberts. I wrote about Roberts in my Nov. 7 column of last year. Her books became extremely popular in the 70s and many of the lessons told to her by her spirit guide, Seth, are still extremely popular today.
There are also many mediums out there that claim to channel the spirits of the dead.
Remember Whoopi Goldberg in the movie “Ghost”? This whole concept has become extremely popular. There are multiple TV shows about it such as “Medium” and “The
Ghost Whisperer.”
The only problem with this is all of the fakes. There are so many people out there
claiming to be channelers and releasing dozens of books, trying to cash in on the
craze.
It makes it really hard for people who believe in the phenomenon to be taken seriously when the hard-core skeptics out there are having a field day attacking all the money hungry hoaxers.
However, even with all of the cheaters out there, there are still strong cases that
cannot be explained.
So if these mediums really are talking to dead people then it brings up the question
of what happens when we die. Do we just float around the earth looking for people to
channel our spirit?
Personally, I don’t think we die. Our physical bodies die and our soul leaves the
body and we continue living, so to speak, in a parallel universe.
However, if a channeler or medium allows us, our soul can temporally take over their body, thus allowing us to communicate again in the physical world. I don’t know about you all, but I kind of like the idea of being able to continue living without my physical body. It’s a primitive, bulky machine that wears out over time. I’ll
just float around in my parallel universe and when I have something important to say in the physical world, I’ll just find a medium, say what I need to say and be
done.
Channeling is a subject a lot of people laugh at, but if a person researches it, they
will find it throughout history.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, Alex! I really enjoyed reading your various examples of channeling. Very well written as well! Would have loved to have heard some guy channel the devil!

    ReplyDelete